Pages

Tuesday 1 November 2011

Where has all the time gone to?

Updating of my blogs seemed to have dropped off my radar big time for a while. Not sure why each time something comes to mind to be written down, it never quite made it to print.

Life has been pretty much of a routine and I am seriously enjoying it, because come next year we will need to start making adjustments in a big way with Matty starting formal school, piano classes and swimming lessons for both of them. I am starting to sound like some kiasu mother trying to cramp everything into one. It wasn’t intentional but just happened to be the way it is. Matty has been talking about learning piano for more than 6 months now but each time I would just brush it aside thinking that he said it on impulse. Somehow he was very persistent and it came to a point that he had to question why I hadn’t done anything despite him asking me repeatedly to enrol him for one. And so there… I finally decided that he was serious about it and got my act together. Needless to say, learning how to swim is something I ruled as compulsory for the kids to get done at some point in time and since Elaina requested for it , I quickly jumped on the opportunity to drag Matty along too. Two years ago, we pulled Matty out from swimming because he refused to go for any more classess after drinking some pool water at the third lesson. It is probably high time for him to get back to it.

After registering him for Primary 1 back in July, the fact that Matty is not going to be a pre-schooler any much longer and that he is hitting a major milestone in his life made me gasp at time flying too quickly by. I admit that it is only now that I truly appreciate what people meant by “children grow very quickly”. It was not that long ago when we were worrying about his teething, sleeping pattern, milk feed and if he was eating well and sleeping well. I used to wish he grow up faster during those dreadful nights when he refused to sleep, now I just wish he could grow a little slower. Such is the irony of life.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2010 To My Two Angels. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase