Pages

Monday 6 May 2013

It Has Been a While Yet Again

It really felt like forever since I wrote about the development of Matty and Elaina. Probably because hitting a milestone comes far and few at this age. But ironically time passes quickly. With too many other matters which we need to attend to, everything else just takes precedence. I sometimes think (or simply finding an excuse for myself) that it is similar to why we have very few videos and photos when on a trip, to an outing, for a special occasion – we are so absorbed with the moment and enjoying while in the midst of it that putting the memories on physical record seemed less important. Of course I think either way it will leave behind some form of regret in the future. We just can’t win it all.

For the last one over year, we had shared many moments of fun – a beach vacation in Danang, stay-cation at Sentosa, couple of performances, visits to the Science Centre, Gardens By the Bay, museums, aquariums, exhibitions, mini-golfing, movies, biking and the list goes on like most people. Needless to say the children displayed evidences of growth both physical and emotionally as well - from the dropping of milk teeth, outgrowing their shoes and clothes, juggling between the need to prepare for spellings and completing the schoolwork as opposed to having fun, adding another candle to their birthday cake (a party thrown in for Elaina’s 6th birthday even), to putting up a stage performance.

While I have my grouses about the children because they make me breathless each time I need to repeat myself countless times just to get their butts moving, I need to admit that it is a relief when the teachers in school haven’t found any compelling reason to call me up to lodge a complaint. I take it in a positive light when the teachers do not have much to say about Matty or Elaina at the parent-teacher meeting and we always take half of the allotted time to complete the session.

Actually if I ever need to keep a record, it should really be on the many quirky stuff that gets spewed out of their mouth on an almost daily basis.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2010 To My Two Angels. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase