Pages

Saturday 21 January 2012

Whoosh.....

"Whoosh"... that's how I would describe the period since I last updated this blog. Christmas came and gone, Matty's first day at formal school and now Chinese New Year is lurking around the corner with just about 48 hours away.

All I can remember is the fuzzy madness in trying to pull everything together, and in the midst burning a hole in my pocket. Once again, life is starting to get into a routine... which is good in my opinion. I don't fancy too many changes or events all happening one after another. I like my boring and predictable days. No surprises equate to less stress.

For once, I worry more about Matty than Elaina. Elaina is back to a new school year with her same set of friends and familiar environment. The only thing that has changed is the teachers. The first day was school was simply a "drop-and-go" for her. Matty's situation is quite the reverse - I worry if he will be able to find his way, if he remembers to make his visit to the loo, whether he will lose his belongings and if he behaves in the class.

It really got to me within the first week of school that Matty simply doesn't remember what he needs to get done. Homework and reminders weren't jotted down in his handbook and I had to pull everything out from his bag to run through with him. The beauty is that he didn't seemed as stressed as me and even told me that the deadline imposed by the teacher was "whenever it gets done". I wondered about how I was going to survive the next 10 to 15 years with his kind of attitude. I worried about my school work more than 2 decades ago and it dreads me to no end that I had to go through the process yet again.

2 weeks on, the situation did improved, just not sure if it is because he is getting a hang of how things should work or me growing immune. Whatever it is, I am looking forward to the long weekend of 4 days not needing to worry about homework and checking the school bags!

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2010 To My Two Angels. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase